Finishing Pop Up Vent

by sarah randall

diy projects
room makeovers
follow @sarahellenrandall

We're so glad you're here! We've been transforming spaces together for the past two years and slowly renovating our own 1950's home. Join us as we create a home we love!

Room Makeovers
DIY Projects
more categories

Hi, we're Jake & Sarah

I’m very happy to report, after a lot of work from Jake this week, the pop up vent works! For 5% Saturday, we are finishing up the final details.

I made a big deal about spray foam furniture this week..

Such a weird trend. Maybe people got a little too bored during quarantine? Anyway…back to the project!

This gap needs to be sealed to prevent any critters from coming up into our island. I used a mixture of steel wool and the spray foam insulation.

The stickers on the vent were driving me nuts. But there’s a quick fix for that: lemon essential oil and an old toothbrush. Works every time! (Here is a before photo.)

Here’s the finished product! I love it! Here is the link to the popup vent we’d recommend! (It comes with the blower attached- we didn’t buy it like that and wish we did.) Jake hooked up the power under the house and also ran ducting to vent the exhaust to the outside. You’ll need a hooded wall vent, and the size will depend on what size ducting you use.

Comments +

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

category here

my nightly
skincare regime

You can either type this featured post content manually or use a post look-up function in SHOWIT directly. It can also rotate between several posts.